How We Work
The Elkins Jones approach to insurance is significantly different than the approach employed by most large firms. At the Wall Street brokerage houses, you are solicited by a producer who closes the deal with you, and your account is handed off to customer service, where often you never hear from the producer again. Elkins Jones is different.
The Elkins Jones Process:
- Meet with a Qualified Producer – A typical maxim for insurance salespeople is that “I am an expert in everything.” This is not always the case. At Elkins Jones, we match you up with a state licensed insurance professional who knows your industry and has dealt with your type of risk before. From race car teams to foreign special events we have professionals who have placed this coverage before!
- Producer Meets with In-House Marketing Specialists – We are not a State Farm/Farmers agent. Therefore, we have the ability to market your risk to multiple (50+) insurance companies in order to meet your coverage and price needs. We are not beholden to anyone but out customers.
- Producer Culls Quotes – As the quotes come in, your producer will quickly reject the quotes that fail to meet your expectations in terms of price or coverage. The quotes will be turned into a proposal and ready to present to the client.
- Presentation of Quotes – Your producer will present you with as many coverage options as make sense for your particular risk. After careful explanation by the producer, you are able to make an informed decision about what coverage to choose.
- Financing – Many clients prefer to pay their entire premiums at once, but other clients choose to pay premiums over the course of months. It is up to you. Some carriers offer their own financing on premiums. For the other carriers, we can setup alternate financing for you. We will work with you to set up the payment structure that fits you best.
- Changes During the Life of the Policy – Too often, a policy is sold, and the insurance broker or producer disappears. Elkins is truly different. Each producer works hand in hand with the customer service professional who is assigned to your account. Whether it is a certificate of insurance, or the removal or addition of property, your producer and your customer service professional work together to ensure your satisfaction.
- Renewal Process – Insurance companies change their “appetites” over time. Where one company would not quote on your risk last year, perhaps this year it will. At Elkins Jones it is our job to understand the ever changing nature of the marketplace. Your risk will be remarketed often to ensure the coverages and prices.